Automotive Technology - Additional Program Information
The Automotive Technology program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and abilities required for entry level positions in the automotive industry. Students successfully completing this program will have the technical skills required to properly diagnose, repair, and maintain the parts and systems comprising the modern automobile.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Utilize the proper shop equipment and tools needed to diagnose and complete vehicle repairs.
2. Resolve potentially hazardous situations related to automotive service.
3. Utilize the proper data from shop manuals and computer resources as required to complete vehicle repairs.
4. Summarize information as it applies to vehicle servicing in writing or verbally in a comprehensive manner.
5. Strategize the achievements of professional growth with in all areas of the automobile service repair.
6. Exhibit professional and ethical behaviors in the Automotive Lab while adhering to professional technician protocol.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Automotive Technology program and the certificate programs are ASE (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence) certified through NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation), 101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 101, Leesburg, Virginia 20175, 703.669.6650.