Aug 18, 2022
MUSC 2080 - Theory 3
Credit Hours: 2.00
Prerequisites: MUSC 1070
Corequisites: MUSC 2180
Continuation of theory on the sophomore level. Includes instrumental writing and free voicing, and altered chords (borrowed chords, secondary dominant and leading tone chords, Neapolitan chords, and augmented sixth chords).
Billable Contact Hours: 2
Search for Sections
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to spell and part‐write typical chromatic chords (e.g. Neapolitan sixth chord, German augmented sixth chord).
- Practice part‐writing
- Analyze examples of music literature
- Perform at the keyboard to demonstrate understanding
Outcome 2: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to realize a figured base.
- Create a meaningful keyboard composition
- Apply chordal technique to linear melody
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES (CDO)
• Communication: The graduate can communicate effectively for the intended purpose and audience.
• Critical Thinking: The graduate can make informed decisions after analyzing information or evidence related to the issue.
• Global Literacy: The graduate can analyze human behavior or experiences through cultural, social, political, or economic perspectives.
• Information Literacy: The graduate can responsibly use information gathered from a variety of formats in order to complete a task.
• Quantitative Reasoning: The graduate can apply quantitative methods or evidence to solve problems or make judgments.
• Scientific Literacy: The graduate can produce or interpret scientific information presented in a variety of formats.
CDO marked YES apply to this course:
Critical Thinking: YES
Information Literacy: YES
Quantitative Reasoning: YES
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)