Restaurant Management - Additional Program Information
||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Applied Science
||Designed for transferring into a Bachelor of Business Administration program or entry into the field of Restaurant Management.
The Restaurant Management program prepares students for technical and managerial careers in restaurants and institutional food service operations. Students learn basic kitchen operations as well as business law, marketing, management, and information technology.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Perform basic bar, beverage, food service, and sanitation systems operations.
2. Perform dining room operations, including scheduling, service, opening and closing operations.
3. Utilize various information technology tools and systems.
4. Develop a marketing plan using marketing principles and strategies.
5. Apply bookkeeping and accounting principles when performing cost control.
We Work Hard to Make Transferring Easy!
Macomb Community College is a great place to start if your goal is to earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Whether you are already considering a specific transfer destination/program or have not yet decided on a major, Macomb’s Office of Articulation and Transfer provides you with and helps you explore a variety of transfer options.