Climate Control Technology - Additional Program Information
The Climate Control Technology program is designed to prepare students for a career in the fields of air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Diagnose various HVAC&R equipment and systems utilizing systematic troubleshooting procedures.
2. Repair various HVAC&R equipment and systems in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and within code guidelines.
3. Describe the installation procedures of various HVAC&R equipment, including their appurtenances, according to manufacturer’s specifications and within code guidelines.
4. Demonstrate the applicable use of tools utilized in the HVAC&R trade.
5. Design a residential forced air system and a residential/light commercial hydronic heating system.
6. Recognize acceptable professional and ethical behavior within the HVAC&R industry.
7. Describe various residential/light commercial and commercial HVAC&R control systems and their strategies, including electrical, pneumatic, and electronic controls.
We Work Hard to Make Transferring Easy!
Macomb Community College is a great place to start if your goal is to earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Whether you are already considering a specific transfer destination/program or have not yet decided on a major, Macomb’s Office of Articulation and Transfer provides you with and helps you explore a variety of transfer options.