(Alternative Course Selection) The student may arrange to take courses specifically directed to the educational occupational goal for employment (of the student) with the consent of the faculty advisor and the department. The courses must be applicable to specific fields in Homeland Security that would provide the student an improved background for the desired specific employment opportunities at the federal, state or local levels.
Homeland Security - Additional Program Information
The Homeland Security program provides students with a foundation of private and homeland security knowledge to build upon as a transfer to a specialty degree. The objectives of the Homeland Security Associate Degree Program are to upgrade personnel employed in the security industry and to prepare students for full‑time employment in this field. The student will develop or improve skills and knowledge of criminal law, current issues in homeland security, evidence and criminal procedures and investigation, as well as other facets of law enforcement.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Identify the functions of the various agencies within the Department of Homeland Security.
2. Identify the major challenges facing boarder security.
3. Evaluate the potential risk and vulnerability of their community to technological disasters.
4. Explain mechanics of criminal procedure as applied to the area of search and seizure.
5. Explain the National Incident Management System and the role of the All Hazard Approach in emergency response planning based on the criteria provided by the Department of Homeland Security.
6. Identify legal regulations pertaining to the interviewing process.
7. Demonstrate the proper method for collecting crime scene evidence.
We Work Hard to Make Transferring Easy!
Macomb Community College is a great place to start if your goal is to earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Whether you are already considering a specific transfer destination/program or have not yet decided on a major, Macomb’s Office of Articulation and Transfer provides you with and helps you explore a variety of transfer options.