||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Applied Science
||Health & Wellness Promotion
||Tina J. Allor
The Health and Wellness Promotion AAS degree offers a great foundation for various health-related fields. It is a broad and practical education in multiple domains of health. This enables the student to explore different career paths in the field of health and wellness as well as continuing their education in the fields of community health, public health, health education, health and wellness promotion and more. It will provide the student the opportunity to find work in entry-level positions as well as preparing them for transfer programs at a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree that will lead to a variety of health-related careers.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Create lifestyle and behavior modification programs based on current scientific literature.
2. Utilize multiple communication strategies to interact collaboratively within various area of the community.
3. Apply current professional, legal and ethical standards as it pertains to the Health and Wellness field.
4. Outline the components of a well-designed health promotion program.
5. Evaluate the roles within various settings of Community, Public and School Health education.
Students intending to transfer and complete a bachelor’s degree need to make early decisions concerning an academic major and a transfer destination. Statistics show that students who make these decisions early are more likely to persist to graduation than their undecided counterparts. Students planning to transfer credits earned at Macomb are strongly urged to see a counselor or academic advisor as early as possible in their college careers.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science