|Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Business Administration
|Designed for transferring into a Bachelor of Business Administration program or entry into the field of Hospitality Management.
The Hospitality Management program prepares students for entry‑level positions in hospitality management as well as enhancing the skills of individuals currently employed in lodging, gaming, entertainment venues, and restaurants. The program provides specialized knowledge in the various management techniques and skills as they are practiced in the hospitality industry.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Apply interpersonal skills with internal and external guests of the hospitality industry.
2. Differentiate between the characteristics of the hospitality industry which relates to the execution of the business.
3. Apply the principles of Front Office Operations in the lodging industry.
4. Create, plan and organize an event within budget.
5. Develop a marketing plan for a hospitality organization.
6. Explain the concept of revenue management in food and beverage operations.
7. Execute the management skills necessary within a supervisory role in the hospitality industry.
Students intending to transfer and complete a bachelor’s degree need to make early decisions concerning an academic major and a transfer destination. Statistics show that students who make these decisions early are more likely to persist to graduation than their undecided counterparts. Students planning to transfer credits earned at Macomb are strongly urged to see a counselor or academic advisor as early as possible in their college careers.
ProgramsAssociate of Business Administration