May 20, 2022
ROBO 2450 - Vision Robot
Credit Hours: 3.00
Prerequisites: ROBO 1200
ROBO 2450 introduces the FANUC Vision system. Students will set up and calibrate a vision camera and create, test, and modify a vision‑style program.
Billable Contact Hours: 4
Search for Sections
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of the course, students will be able to set up a FANUC IR Vision Robot.
- Power up, write, execute, and jog the robot based on the written programs.
- Set up communications between robot and teaching computer.
Outcome 2: Upon completion of the course, students will be able to program a FANUC IR Vision Robot.
- Set up and calibrate the laser vision system.
- Teach a vision process.
Outcome 3: Upon completion of the course, students will be able to operate a FANUC IR Vision Robot.
- Execute program operation.
- Modify program parameters as needed.
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES (CDO)
• Communication: The graduate can communicate effectively for the intended purpose and audience.
• Critical Thinking: The graduate can make informed decisions after analyzing information or evidence related to the issue.
• Global Literacy: The graduate can analyze human behavior or experiences through cultural, social, political, or economic perspectives.
• Information Literacy: The graduate can responsibly use information gathered from a variety of formats in order to complete a task.
• Quantitative Reasoning: The graduate can apply quantitative methods or evidence to solve problems or make judgments.
• Scientific Literacy: The graduate can produce or interpret scientific information presented in a variety of formats.
CDO marked YES apply to this course:
Information Literacy: YES
Quantitative Reasoning: YES
Scientific Literacy: YES
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- Safely power up the robot from a complete shutdown
- Manipulate the robot using the teach pendant
- Set up and test robot movement parameters for a given work cell and torch
- Set up IR Vision Robot for specific applications
- Create and test vision programs for a given task
- Edit vision programs in teach mode
- Master and calibrate the robot
- Review safety practices
- Power up and jog the robot
- Recover from common program and robot faults
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)