Aug 09, 2022
MKTG 2010 - Professional Selling
Credit Hours: 3.00
Prerequisites: MKTG 1010
This course will identify principles and develop skills used by successful salespeople. Students will learn to prepare well-organized, creative and professional sales presentations. Emphasis is placed on developing a consultative relationship with the customer throughout all steps in the sales process.
Billable Contact Hours: 3
Search for Sections
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to identify characteristics of a successful trust-based relationship selling strategy.
- Compare and contrast different types of sales relationships.
- Discuss the different types of buyers and how to identify their need.
- Explain the importance of trust in a buyer/seller relationship.
- Explain the importance of collaborative two-way communication.
- Discuss how to effectively integrate technology into the sales process.
- Examine time and territory management methods.
- Identify the importance of developing a long-term customer relationship management strategy.
Outcome 2: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to explain the steps in the personal selling process.
- Describe the major prospecting methods and give examples of each method.
- Link buying motives to product or service benefits, support claims made for benefits, and reinforce verbal claims made.
- Describe the key characteristics of effective sales dialogue.
- Compare and contrast the methods for responding to buyer objections.
- List and explain the commitment-earning techniques that enhance relationship building.
- Explain how to follow up to assess customer satisfaction.
Outcome 3: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to prepare and present components of a sales presentation tailored to a specific customer.
- Develop presentation content specific to each step in the trust-based relationship selling process.
- Participate in a structured and/or unstructured sales situational role play.
- Identify and adapt presentations to different communication styles.
- Analyze role plays and sales presentations.
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES (CDO)
• Communication: The graduate can communicate effectively for the intended purpose and audience.
• Critical Thinking: The graduate can make informed decisions after analyzing information or evidence related to the issue.
• Global Literacy: The graduate can analyze human behavior or experiences through cultural, social, political, or economic perspectives.
• Information Literacy: The graduate can responsibly use information gathered from a variety of formats in order to complete a task.
• Quantitative Reasoning: The graduate can apply quantitative methods or evidence to solve problems or make judgments.
• Scientific Literacy: The graduate can produce or interpret scientific information presented in a variety of formats.
CDO marked YES apply to this course:
Critical Thinking: YES
Information Literacy: YES
Quantitative Reasoning: YES
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- Introduction to Trust-Based Relationship Selling
- Overview of the professional sales world
- Building trust in a sales relationship
- Understanding buyer behavior
- Developing communication skills
- Preparing for a Sales Dialogue - Initiating Customer Relationships
- Strategic prospecting strategies
- Prospecting methods
- Planning sales dialogues and presentations
- Developing sales objectives
- Engaging in Sales Dialogue - Developing Customer Relationships
- Creating and communicating value in a sales dialogue
- Encouraging buyer feedback
- Anticipating and addressing concerns and objections
- Securing commitment
- Expanding and Enhancing Internal and External Customer Relationship Management
- Assessing customer satisfaction
- Post-purchase follow-up techniques
- Maintaining open communication
- Using technology to expand and enhance CRM
- Adding value through self-leadership and teamwork
- Developing, directing and evaluating the company sales force
- Time and territory management
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)