ITCS 2510 - Mobile Development 2
Credit Hours: 3.00
Prerequisites: ITCS 2500
ITCS 2510 continues to focus on practical hands‑on mobile application development. Advances topics in mobile development such as threads, services and notifications, databases, content providers, locations and maps, and application deployment. Students implement all programs and examples on a microcomputer.
Billable Contact Hours: 3
Search for Sections
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to develop an application that implements threads.
- Explain how to use a thread
- Program a thread
- Execute a thread
- Update the UI thread
Outcome 2: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to develop an application that implements services and notifications.
- Explain how to use services and notifications
- Program a service and notifications
- Execute a service and notifications
Outcome 3: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to develop an application that implements databases.
- Explain how to create a database
- Program an SQL Query to extract and update a database
- Program closing and opening a database
Outcome 4: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to develop an application that implements content providers.
- Explain the use of content providers
- Create a content provider
- Connect a content provider to their application
- Launch a content provider from their application
Outcome 5: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to develop an application that implements locations and maps.
- Explain the use of locations and maps
- Create and use a map API key
- Program to display a map
- Program the device current location
- Create and set map permissions
Outcome 6: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to deploy a mobile application.
- Explain how to deploy/distribute an application to end users
- Explain how to deploy/ an application via the application marketplace
- Prepare an application for release
- Create a signed application APK file
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES (CDO)
• Communication: The graduate can communicate effectively for the intended purpose and audience.
• Critical Thinking: The graduate can make informed decisions after analyzing information or evidence related to the issue.
• Global Literacy: The graduate can analyze human behavior or experiences through cultural, social, political, or economic perspectives.
• Information Literacy: The graduate can responsibly use information gathered from a variety of formats in order to complete a task.
• Quantitative Reasoning: The graduate can apply quantitative methods or evidence to solve problems or make judgments.
• Scientific Literacy: The graduate can produce or interpret scientific information presented in a variety of formats.
CDO marked YES apply to this course:
Critical Thinking: YES
Quantitative Reasoning: YES
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- Integrated Development Environment Installation
- Threads, files, adapters, and intents
- Services and notifications
- Broadcast receivers
- Interacting with databases
- Tabs and custom adapters
- Content providers
- App widgets
- Application deployment
- Locations and maps
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)