Jul 05, 2022
ATAM 2350 - Mathematics-A.C. Circuitry-Trigonometry & Vectors
Credit Hours: 2.00
Prerequisites: ATAM 1360 or consent of apprenticeship coordinator or related work experience
Angles, angular measure (degrees, radians), angular velocity frequency, similar triangles, trig functions, solutions of right triangles, law of cosines, vector addition and subtraction, vector components, and graphing trig functions.
Billable Contact Hours: 2
Search for Sections
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to calculate trigonometry and vector problems for AC circuitry.
- Utilize a calculator to solve polar and rectangular vectors.
- Utilize a calculator to solve right triangle problems.
- Calculate trigonometry and vector problems for AC circuitry.
- Solve triangular problems using the laws of sines and cosines.
- Use vector addition and subtraction to solve electrical problems.
- Solve angular velocity frequency problems.
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES (CDO)
• Communication: The graduate can communicate effectively for the intended purpose and audience.
• Critical Thinking: The graduate can make informed decisions after analyzing information or evidence related to the issue.
• Global Literacy: The graduate can analyze human behavior or experiences through cultural, social, political, or economic perspectives.
• Information Literacy: The graduate can responsibly use information gathered from a variety of formats in order to complete a task.
• Quantitative Reasoning: The graduate can apply quantitative methods or evidence to solve problems or make judgments.
• Scientific Literacy: The graduate can produce or interpret scientific information presented in a variety of formats.
CDO marked YES apply to this course:
Critical Thinking: YES
Information Literacy: YES
Quantitative Reasoning: YES
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- Pre-Test 2. Post-Test1. Law of Sines
- Law of Cosines
- A.C. Fundamentals
- Phasor Algebra
- A.C. Series Circuits
- A.C. Parallel Circuits
- Equivalent Wye and Delta Circuits
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)