Feb 29, 2024
Credit Hours Required: 33
*Course sequence may be modified to meet your needs
Civil Technology - Additional Program Information
The Civil Technology program is geared to train civil engineering technicians for the construction industry. Civil Engineering technicians work in support of civil engineers and architects who supervise the hard hats engaged in this area of employment.
- Design, manage, and construct civil engineering projects.
- Apply analytical techniques and problem-solving skills used in the civil technology industry.
- Utilize laboratory projects, experimentation, classroom lectures, and demonstrations in areas of mechanics, structural analysis and design, computer-aided design, surveying, soils, and material.
- Communicate in written and oral form planning, design, construction, operation or maintenance of the built environment and global infrastructure.
- Utilizing skills to analyze and design systems, specify project methods and materials, perform cost estimates and analyses, and manage technical activities in support of civil projects.
We Work Hard to Make Transferring Easy!
Macomb Community College is a great place to start if your goal is to earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Whether you are already considering a specific transfer destination/program or have not yet decided on a major, Macomb’s Office of Articulation and Transfer provides you with and helps you explore a variety of transfer options.