General Business - Additional Program Information
||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Business Administration
||Designed for transferring into a Bachelor of Business Administration program or entry into the field of Business.
||Designed for entry‑level positions or furthering one’s career.
The General Business program is designed to allow students the widest possible latitude in choosing business courses. Seven common core and one required business courses provide basic knowledge and skills. In addition, students must select a minimum of 9 semester hours in business electives enabling students to tailor a business program to their educational needs.
This program is compatible with many bachelor degree programs offered through local colleges and universities; see an academic advisor or counselor for full details. Refer to Degree & Certification section online.
The Certificate in General Business-International Business is designed for students who desire to pursue a career in international business and to enhance their knowledge of global business practices. This program provides comprehensive knowledge of international business practices, marketing, supply chain management, and global entrepreneurship. Emphasis is also placed on the study of culture, economic, social, and political aspects affecting global business operations.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of free enterprise business systems and business ownership in the United States.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of corporate social responsibility and business ethics practices.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of major management theories and will be able to apply the steps in the management process.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of marketing strategy for organizations.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of key financial statements.
6. Define and apply common business vocabulary as used in local and international business operations.
7. Prepare written business reports and deliver oral presentations both on an individual basis and as the member of a functioning team.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of computer operating system and general business applications software.
9. Describe the role of business in a global setting.
We Work Hard to Make Transferring Easy!
Macomb Community College is a great place to start if your goal is to earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Whether you are already considering a specific transfer destination/program or have not yet decided on a major, Macomb’s Office of Articulation and Transfer provides you with and helps you explore a variety of transfer options.