Exercise Science - Additional Program Information
||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Applied Science
The Exercise Science AAS degree offers a science based degree that will prepare students for outside certification from credentialing organizations. This opens up job opportunities for personal training, strength and conditioning, group fitness and more. Those continuing on to a bachelor’s degree would be prepared to enter programs such as exercise physiology, kinesiology, athletic training, physical therapy and more. It will provide the student the opportunity to find work in entry-level positions as well as preparing them for transfer programs at a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree that will lead to a variety of health-related careers.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Create lifestyle and behavior modification programs based on current scientific literature.
2. Utilize multiple communication strategies to interact collaboratively within various areas of the community.
3. Apply current professional, legal and ethical standards as it pertains to the Health and Wellness field.
4. Utilize current testing modalities to perform exercise testing for various populations.
5. Create exercise and nutritional modification programs based on exercise and dietary-related information from various populations.
We Work Hard to Make Transferring Easy!
Macomb Community College is a great place to start if your goal is to earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Whether you are already considering a specific transfer destination/program or have not yet decided on a major, Macomb’s Office of Articulation and Transfer provides you with and helps you explore a variety of transfer options.