Media & Communication Arts-Design & Layout - Additional Program Information
The Media & Communication Arts-Design & Layout program provides training in various industry standard page layout applications and printing output specifications. Students learn on various hardware platforms such as Mac OS and Windows XP. Vector, raster, and multimedia non‑linear based applications are included.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate computer skills for the media and communication arts industry.
2. Apply the fundamentals of art and design.
3. Demonstrate critical and analytical thinking within a design-art context.
4. Demonstrate visual, presentation, and communication skills necessary for successful employment in the media and communication arts industry.
5. Demonstrate entry-level skills in a rapidly changing media and communication arts industry.
6. Apply mathematical concepts indicative of the media and communication arts industry.
7. Demonstrate a professional work ethic.
8. Solve visual problems in design using key elements of design in rectilinear and curvilinear lines, mechanical, biomorphic, and dynamic composition.
9. Create compositions using shapes in designs that have dominant and subdominant elements emphasizing balance between positive and negative.
We Work Hard to Make Transferring Easy!
Macomb Community College is a great place to start if your goal is to earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Whether you are already considering a specific transfer destination/program or have not yet decided on a major, Macomb’s Office of Articulation and Transfer provides you with and helps you explore a variety of transfer options.