Health & Wellness Promotion - Additional Program Information
||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Applied Science
||Health & Wellness Promotion
||Health & Wellness Coaching
||Tina J. Allor
The Health and Wellness Promotion AAS degree offers a great foundation for various health-related fields. It is a broad and practical education in multiple domains of health. This enables the student to explore different career paths in the field of health and wellness as well as continuing their education in the fields of community health, public health, health education, health and wellness promotion and more. It will provide the student the opportunity to find work in entry-level positions as well as preparing them for transfer programs at a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree that will lead to a variety of health-related careers.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Create lifestyle and behavior modification programs based on current scientific literature.
2. Utilize multiple communication strategies to interact collaboratively within various area of the community.
3. Apply current professional, legal and ethical standards as it pertains to the Health and Wellness field.
4. Outline the components of a well-designed health promotion program.
5. Evaluate the roles within various settings of Community, Public and School Health education.
We Work Hard to Make Transferring Easy!
Macomb Community College is a great place to start if your goal is to earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Whether you are already considering a specific transfer destination/program or have not yet decided on a major, Macomb’s Office of Articulation and Transfer provides you with and helps you explore a variety of transfer options.