Feb 06, 2023
CSFT-8063B Microsoft Office 2019 Prerequisites None
Basic computer and keyboarding skills are required. Textbook and USB drive are required. Learn basic skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Applications will include creating business letters and resumes in Word, exploring spreadsheets in Excel, using PowerPoint to create presentations, and working with database objects in Access.
Contact Hours: 30
Search for Class/Register
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and edit basic Word documents.
- Create and edit basic Excel worksheets.
- Create, edit, and deliver a presentation.
- Create and edit basic Access database objects.
- Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint basic skills.
- Common shared features such as the ribbon interface and cut, copy, and paste.
- Word: lists, tables, character and paragraph spacing.
- Excel: structuring and editing data, basic formulas and functions, and charting data.
- PowerPoint: slides, outlines, graphics, and animations.
- Access: tables, forms, queries, and reports.
- Hands-on practice.
Students will confidentially evaluate this course by completing the Student Evaluation of Class form distributed at the last class session.
The instructor will evaluate the student’s skills learned using attendance, participation, feedback, testing where appropriate, and projects completed. 75% attendance is required; 100% attendance is recommended as no special arrangements will be made for missing class. 75% attendance = 22.5 hours. Upon successful completion, this class will appear on the student’s Macomb Community College non-credit transcript. If this class is part of a certificate program, student may request the certificate once all classes in the program have been completed.
Building a Foundation with Microsoft Office 2019 & 365 by Alec Fehl, Alex Scott, Ben Linford, and Ian Ewell. ISBN: 978-1-64061-040-8.
Workforce & Continuing Education - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)