Apr 01, 2023
MUSC 2720 - Music History & Literature Since 1750
Credit Hours: 3.00
History and literature of music covering Classical, Romantic, and 20th Century periods.
Billable Contact Hours: 3
Search for Sections
Michigan Transfer Network (MiTransfer) - Utilize this website to easily search how your credits transfer to colleges and universities.
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will be able describe Classical, Romantic, and 20th Century periods.
- Listen to examples of concertos, chamber music, symphonies, and sonatas
- Explain the differences among these compositions
- Express the historical and cultural significance these compositions
Outcome 2: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to identify Classical, Romantic, and 20th Century composers.
- Listen to examples of compositions from various composers within these time periods.
- Classify the differences among the composers
- Express the social, political, and economic impact of these composers
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES (CDO)
• Communication: The graduate can communicate effectively for the intended purpose and audience.
• Critical Thinking: The graduate can make informed decisions after analyzing information or evidence related to the issue.
• Global Literacy: The graduate can analyze human behavior or experiences through cultural, social, political, or economic perspectives.
• Information Literacy: The graduate can responsibly use information gathered from a variety of formats in order to complete a task.
• Quantitative Reasoning: The graduate can apply quantitative methods or evidence to solve problems or make judgments.
• Scientific Literacy: The graduate can produce or interpret scientific information presented in a variety of formats.
CDO marked YES apply to this course:
Critical Thinking: YES
Global Literacy: YES
Information Literacy: YES
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)