Jun 01, 2023
CRER 1510 - Workplace Success Strategies
Credit Hours: 1.00
(formerly CRER 2510)
CRER 1510 is a fundamentals course that provides an overview of how work experience complements academic education to prepare students for the workforce. All students are encouraged to take this class especially those participating in an approved internship.
Billable Contact Hours: 1
Search for Sections
Michigan Transfer Network (MiTransfer) - Utilize this website to easily search how your credits transfer to colleges and universities.
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to identify job related skills and the role of work experience in developing those skills.
- Given an assignment, the student will establish a professional portfolio.
- Given an assignment, the student will discuss workplace skills.
- Given an assignment, the student will discuss career related goals and how they relate to the student’s academic and professional development.
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES (CDO)
• Communication: The graduate can communicate effectively for the intended purpose and audience.
• Critical Thinking: The graduate can make informed decisions after analyzing information or evidence related to the issue.
• Global Literacy: The graduate can analyze human behavior or experiences through cultural, social, political, or economic perspectives.
• Information Literacy: The graduate can responsibly use information gathered from a variety of formats in order to complete a task.
• Quantitative Reasoning: The graduate can apply quantitative methods or evidence to solve problems or make judgments.
• Scientific Literacy: The graduate can produce or interpret scientific information presented in a variety of formats.
CDO marked YES apply to this course:
Global Literacy: YES
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- Understanding company culture
- Employer expectations
- Sexual harassment
- Transferable skills
- Portfolio Development
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)