Feb 02, 2023
ATAM 1350 - Mathematics-Arithmetic & Introductory Algebra for Electrical & Allied Crafts
Credit Hours: 2.00
An intensive review of arithmetic with emphasis on common and decimal fractions, ratio and proportion, percentage, and square root. Systems, units of measurement, and conversions. An introduction to algebra including terminology, additive functions, grouping symbols, axioms, basic procedures, multiplication and division.
Billable Contact Hours: 2
Search for Sections
Michigan Transfer Network (MiTransfer) - Utilize this website to easily search how your credits transfer to colleges and universities.
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will complete math calculations for electrical and allied crafts.
- The learner will use a calculator to solve problems.
- The learner will apply units and dimensions.
- The learner will add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals - both longhand and with a calculator.
- The learner will use powers of ten and scientific notation on the calculator.
- The learner will transform and solve equations.
- The learner will convert units and solve associated problems.
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES (CDO)
• Communication: The graduate can communicate effectively for the intended purpose and audience.
• Critical Thinking: The graduate can make informed decisions after analyzing information or evidence related to the issue.
• Global Literacy: The graduate can analyze human behavior or experiences through cultural, social, political, or economic perspectives.
• Information Literacy: The graduate can responsibly use information gathered from a variety of formats in order to complete a task.
• Quantitative Reasoning: The graduate can apply quantitative methods or evidence to solve problems or make judgments.
• Scientific Literacy: The graduate can produce or interpret scientific information presented in a variety of formats.
CDO marked YES apply to this course:
Critical Thinking: YES
Information Literacy: YES
Quantitative Reasoning: YES
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- Introduction to Course, Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Fractions and Decimals
- Percentage, Powers, and Roots
- Algebraic Addition, Signs of Grouping
- Algebraic Multiplication
- Algebraic Multiplication and Division
- Ratio and Proportions
- Powers of Ten, Scientific Notation
- Units and Dimensions
- Special Products and Factoring
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)