Automotive Technology - Vehicle Engineering Technician - Additional Program Information
||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Applied Science
||Automotive Technology - Vehicle Engineering Technician
|Assistant Director, CAAT
||Nelson A. Kelly
The Vehicle Engineering Technician program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and abilities required for entry level positions in the automotive industry. Students successfully completing this program will have the technical skills required to assist engineers in the development of electro-mechanical systems for the next generation of safe, efficient, intelligent vehicles.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Safely work on electrical, flammable, and high-pressure systems.
2. Assemble and disassemble prototype and test systems.
3. Set up electric and electronic systems and run experiments.
4. Write software programs to acquire data and control test systems.
5. Write and orally present test reports for engineers using analyzed data.