Media & Communication Arts-3D Animation - Additional Program Information
The Media & Communication Arts-3D Animation program specialty provides training in the most powerful character and product animation software in use today. Students learn modeling, texturing, lighting, animating, and rendering techniques that will give them entry‑level skills for a variety of positions that are currently defined within the 3D Animation industry.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate computer skills for the media and communication arts industry.
2. Apply the fundamentals of art and design.
3. Demonstrate critical and analytical thinking within a design-art context.
4. Demonstrate visual, presentation, and communication skills necessary for successful employment in the media and communication arts industry.
5. Demonstrate entry-level skills in a rapidly changing media and communication arts industry.
6. Apply mathematical concepts indicative of the media and communication arts industry.
7. Demonstrate a professional work ethic.
8. Model high resolution polygon models.
9. Create simple animation rigs.