Construction Management - Additional Program Information
The Construction Management program provides the student with a sound background for careers in Construction Supervision, Estimating, Building Inspection, Architect’s Field Representation, Construction Management, or as a Residential or Commercial Builder. Personnel from ancillary industries, such as construction material supplies, will also find that these courses provide a sound background for their careers.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Solve selected construction problems by using conventional or computer drafting applications.
2. Utilize specifications, catalogs, blueprints, and other appropriate sources to complete problems and other assignments.
3. Apply and estimate selected building materials and systems used in the construction industry.
4. Apply math concepts to the development and completion of building projects.
5. Communicate in written and oral form utilizing terminology common to the industry.
6. Work effectively with others on various aspects of construction projects.
7. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of construction safety practices, policies, and procedure.