||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Applied Science
The Exercise Science AAS degree offers a science based degree that will prepare students for outside certification from credentialing organizations. This opens up job opportunities for personal training, strength and conditioning, group fitness and more. Those continuing on to a bachelor’s degree would be prepared to enter programs such as exercise physiology, kinesiology, athletic training, physical therapy and more. It will provide the student the opportunity to find work in entry-level positions as well as preparing them for transfer programs at a four-year institution to complete a bachelor’s degree that will lead to a variety of health-related careers.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Create lifestyle and behavior modification programs based on current scientific literature.
2. Utilize multiple communication strategies to interact collaboratively within various areas of the community.
3. Apply current professional, legal and ethical standards as it pertains to the Health and Wellness field.
4. Utilize current testing modalities to perform exercise testing for various populations.
5. Create exercise and nutritional modification programs based on exercise and dietary-related information from various populations.
Students intending to transfer and complete a bachelor’s degree need to make early decisions concerning an academic major and a transfer destination. Statistics show that students who make these decisions early are more likely to persist to graduation than their undecided counterparts. Students planning to transfer credits earned at Macomb are strongly urged to see a counselor or academic advisor as early as possible in their college careers.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science