||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Applied Science
||Designed for transferring into a Bachelor of Business Administration program or entry into the field of Restaurant Management.
The Restaurant Management program prepares students for technical and managerial careers in restaurants and institutional food service operations. Students learn basic kitchen operations as well as business law, marketing, management, and information technology.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Perform basic bar, beverage, food service, and sanitation systems operations.
2. Perform dining room operations, including scheduling, service, opening and closing operations.
3. Utilize various information technology tools and systems.
4. Develop a marketing plan using marketing principles and strategies.
5. Apply bookkeeping and accounting principles when performing cost control.
Restaurant Management -Associate of Applied Science: Job titles such as Food Service Managers and Line Supervisors of Food Preparation & Serving Workers are attainable upon completion of this course of study as well as Assistant Managers at food service related operations or to start their own food service related business. To learn more from a career specialist, visit the Office of Career Services at either campus or explore online at www.onetonline.org.
Students intending to transfer and complete a bachelor’s degree need to make early decisions concerning an academic major and a transfer destination. Statistics show that students who make these decisions early are more likely to persist to graduation than their undecided counterparts. Students planning to transfer credits earned at Macomb are strongly urged to see a counselor or academic advisor as early as possible in their college careers.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science