||Credit Hours Required
|Associate of Science
The Pre‑Engineering program is designed to provide students with the basic competencies, knowledge, and skills requisite to transfer to a baccalaureate degree program in Engineering.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Develop quantitative and scientific reasoning skills.
2. Develop a competency in critical and analytical thinking.
3. Develop college level oral and written communication skills.
4. Acquire a basic competency in the use of computer technology to problem solve.
5. Develop an awareness and understanding of the various engineering principles.
Pre‑Engineering-Associate of Science: Job titles such as Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technician, Engineering Technician, and Mechanical Engineering Technician are attainable upon completion of this course of study. To learn more from a career specialist, visit the Office of Career Services at either campus or explore online at www.onetonline.org.
Students intending to transfer and complete a bachelor’s degree need to make early decisions concerning an academic major and a transfer destination. Statistics show that students who make these decisions early are more likely to persist to graduation than their undecided counterparts. Students planning to transfer credits earned at Macomb are strongly urged to see a counselor or academic advisor as early as possible in their college careers.