ATAP 2010 - Drafting-2D CAD with MasterCAM
Credit Hours: 2.00
This course teaches the general concepts of two dimensional modeling and drafting using MasterCAM. Through lecture and lab assignments, the student will learn basic two-dimensional modeling skills. Beginning with 2D wireframe construction, students will learn the interface and how to design basic models. These models are then used to create drawings, complete with dimensions and annotations. Terminology used in the field of CAD will be emphasized.
Location: South Campus
Contact Hours: 2
Billable Contact Hours: 2
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to navigate through the user interface.
- Zoom, pan, and rotate.
- Manipulate pulldown menus and icons.
- Import and Export various file types.
Outcome 2: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to construct two-dimensional geometry from prints and theories of geometry.
- Create points, lines, arcs, and splines.
- Create tangent curves.
Outcome 3: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to organize geometry.
- Move geometry to levels.
- Modify entity attributes (color, line weight, and line style).
Outcome 4: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to modify geometry.
- Trim geometry.
- Break geometry.
- Delete entities.
Outcome 5: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to transform geometry.
- Move and copy entities.
- Rotate entities
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES
(Bulleted outcomes apply to the course)
- 1. The graduate can integrate the knowledge and technological skills necessary to be a successful learner.
- The graduate can demonstrate how to think competently.
- 3. The graduate can demonstrate how to employ mathematical knowledge.
- The graduate can demonstrate how to communicate competently.
- The graduate is sensitive to issues relating to a diverse, global society.
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- CAD Interface and Basic Layout
- Visualization, Zoom, Pan, and Rotate Shaded Models
- 2D Design Concepts
- Edit Geometry
- Basic Drawing Layout using the Drafting Module
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)