Dec 04, 2020
ATAM 2350 - Mathematics-A.C. Circuitry-Trigonometry & Vectors
Credit Hours: 2.00
Prerequisites: ATAM 1360 or consent of apprenticeship coordinator or related work experience
Angles, angular measure (degrees, radians), angular velocity frequency, similar triangles, trig functions, solutions of right triangles, law of cosines, vector addition and subtraction, vector components, and graphing trig functions.
Location: South Campus
Contact Hours: 2
Billable Contact Hours: 2
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to calculate trigonometry and vector problems for AC circuitry.
- Utilize a calculator to solve polar and rectangular vectors.
- Utilize a calculator to solve right triangle problems.
- Calculate trigonometry and vector problems for AC circuitry.
- Solve triangular problems using the laws of sines and cosines.
- Use vector addition and subtraction to solve electrical problems.
- Solve angular velocity frequency problems.
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES
(Bulleted outcomes apply to the course)
- 1. The graduate can integrate the knowledge and technological skills necessary to be a successful learner.
- 2. The graduate can demonstrate how to think competently.
- 3. The graduate can demonstrate how to employ mathematical knowledge.
- The graduate can demonstrate how to communicate competently.
- The graduate is sensitive to issues relating to a diverse, global society.
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- Pre-Test 2. Post-Test1. Law of Sines
- Law of Cosines
- A.C. Fundamentals
- Phasor Algebra
- A.C. Series Circuits
- A.C. Parallel Circuits
- Equivalent Wye and Delta Circuits
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)