Dec 03, 2020
ATAM 1350 - Mathematics-Arithmetic & Introductory Algebra for Electrical & Allied Crafts
Credit Hours: 2.00
An intensive review of arithmetic with emphasis on common and decimal fractions, ratio and proportion, percentage, and square root. Systems, units of measurement, and conversions. An introduction to algebra including terminology, additive functions, grouping symbols, axioms, basic procedures, multiplication and division.
Location: South Campus
Contact Hours: 2
Billable Contact Hours: 2
OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome 1: Upon completion of this course, students will complete math calculations for electrical and allied crafts.
- The learner will use a calculator to solve problems.
- The learner will apply units and dimensions.
- The learner will add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals - both longhand and with a calculator.
- The learner will use powers of ten and scientific notation on the calculator.
- The learner will transform and solve equations.
- The learner will convert units and solve associated problems.
COMMON DEGREE OUTCOMES
(Bulleted outcomes apply to the course)
- 1. The graduate can integrate the knowledge and technological skills necessary to be a successful learner.
- 2. The graduate can demonstrate how to think competently.
- 3. The graduate can demonstrate how to employ mathematical knowledge.
- The graduate can demonstrate how to communicate competently.
- The graduate is sensitive to issues relating to a diverse, global society.
COURSE CONTENT OUTLINE
- Introduction to Course, Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Fractions and Decimals
- Percentage, Powers, and Roots
- Algebraic Addition, Signs of Grouping
- Algebraic Multiplication
- Algebraic Multiplication and Division
- Ratio and Proportions
- Powers of Ten, Scientific Notation
- Units and Dimensions
- Special Products and Factoring
Official Course Syllabus - Macomb Community College, 14500 E 12 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48088
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)